Forum rules
This forum is moderated by 4seven!
iamthestreets
BBCoder II
BBCoder II
BBCodes: 0

[RC] Auto Video Embed v.1.0.0

Post by iamthestreets »

Thanks 4seven! Your always very helpful.

Do you know if I can do this with the twitter bbcode?

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
function loadx(data) {
	document.write(data.html);
}
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/oembed.json?id={IDENTIFIER}&callback=loadx"></script>
<div class='twitter' onLoad='loadx().html'/>
glamourservices
BBCoder I
BBCoder I
BBCodes: 12

Post by glamourservices »

Hi 4seven! Let me begin by saying you are a lifesaver and a genius! I've been using your auto video embed mod on my forum for some time now and it absolutely made my users' life easier!
Now, I have come across a tiny problem.
Recently I've been testing a WYSIWYG editor for my forum. I've tried a couple (wysibb, tinymce, ckeditor) which work more or less fine. But using them on Chrome they create a problem with auto embedding.
Specifically when I paste a video url, the editor auto-links the url by giving it the [url] code which breaks the embedding! On FF embedding still works fine! Since I really need a WYSIWYG editor but auto embedding is also crucial, may I ask:
is there a way I can edit something in the code so that it prevents auto-linking ONLY from the video sites?
I was thinking about something that would say "if the url contains *youtube* replace [url] with a space". The problem is I do not know how to do it!
I hope you see my message and provide me with some info, that would be really great!
Again, thank you so much for all your contribution!
4seven
BBCoder III
BBCoder III

Post by 4seven »

I dont know the wysiwyg code and have less time atm.
AVE posting code is designed for genuine phpbb3 editor.
Current Mods | Mod Base | php(BB) programming | No help via PM