ReIMG and Spoiler broken border

Support for PhpBB3 BBCodes. Post here to get help with any BBCode related issue here
There is no support here! Only Read Access!
Forum rules
In order the get any support, you will have to do following:
1. Use a describing title!
2. Describe exactly what it is you want.
3. Tell us what version of phpBB3 you are currently using.
Else your topic may be ignored or locked!
am.hitek
BBCoder II
BBCoder II

ReIMG and Spoiler broken border

Post by am.hitek »

phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 using ReIMG and Spoiler BBCode (button)

My problem is the image in the spoiler breaks the borders of the forum. ReIMG works fine if the image is not in the Spoiler. Any fix for this? Thanks.
Last edited by am.hitek on 27 May 2010, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
cisco007
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI

Re: ReIMG and Spoiler broken border

Post by cisco007 »

can i get a link to where you are having the problem so i can take a look at what it looks like!?
am.hitek
BBCoder II
BBCoder II

Post by am.hitek »

It's a lab forum, sorry no internet access.
Working...
Broken...
cisco007
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI

Post by cisco007 »

take a look at this post and scroll down to where it says "inserting long messages" try to add that edit to your style and see if it fixes that error!
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=98#p101
am.hitek
BBCoder II
BBCoder II

Post by am.hitek »

Thank you, I'll check it out right now.
cisco007
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI

Post by cisco007 »

you also have to realize you cannot really post picture bigger than the posting area of a message cause that will break the boarders anyways! your best bet would be to maybe install the highslide image bbcode and insert the image inside that tag within the spoiler, once inside people can click on the picture to see the large image which will be shown outside the spoiler!
am.hitek
BBCoder II
BBCoder II

Post by am.hitek »

cisco007 » 28 May 2010, 00:30 wrote:you also have to realize you cannot really post picture bigger than the posting area of a message cause that will break the boarders anyways! your best bet would be to maybe install the highslide image bbcode and insert the image inside that tag within the spoiler, once inside people can click on the picture to see the large image which will be shown outside the spoiler!
Thanks! It worked beautifully.

I understand what you are saying, which is why I had to install ReIMG Image Resizer. Which do you think is better? I'm intrigued by the Highslide Image BBCode because it's just a BBCode rather than a mod. On second thought, I just noticed that user has to define the image dimensions so the forum border doesn't break. I wouldn't want to leave that up to the users which can be nagging for them and a task for the moderators to have to apply the proper dimensions if the user is lazy or forgets.
cisco007
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI

Post by cisco007 »

am.hitek » 28 May 2010, 01:03 wrote:On second thought, I just noticed that user has to define the image dimensions so the forum border doesn't break.
for what? for the ReImg mod? I wouldn't know i don't use it, I have always found Highslide easier.