How to create a BBCode

Ordinary BBCode Database
BBCodes that need nothing else than installation through ACP
There is no support here! Only Read Access!
BBCode Bot
BBCoder IV
BBCoder IV

How to create a BBCode

Post by BBCode Bot »

How to create a BBCode

A little guide to the people who doesn't know how to create a BBCode.

This explanation of the BBCode is found in the FAQ:
BBCode is a special implementation of HTML, offering great formatting control on particular objects in a post. The use of BBCode is granted by the administrator, but it can also be disabled on a per post basis from the posting form. BBCode itself is similar in style to HTML, but tags are enclosed in square brackets [ and ] rather than < and >. For more information on BBCode see the guide which can be accessed from the posting page.

Tutorial:
To create a BBCode You have to go to the Administration Control Panel
Choose the Postings tab.
Now click the Add a new BBCode button down in the rigth corner.

You will get this screen:

To make it easier I will use an example.
We will create a BBCode that makes a textarea with black borders and a white background.

In the BBCode usage area You put this code:

Code: Select all

[textarea]{TEXT}[/textarea]
In the HTML replacement area You put this code:

<div style="border: 1px solid black; padding: 10px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">{TEXT}</div>
In the Helpline area You put this code:

Textarea: [textarea]Your text here[/textarea]
Under Settings, Display on posting page You can choose if You want the BBCode to appear on the posting page. If so just check it. If not, do nothing.

The result will be this:

[textarea]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Curabitur blandit, massa a posuere aliquam, lectus lectus hendrerit velit, ac vestibulum augue neque a est. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Curabitur metus. Curabitur quis libero. Morbi mollis, lacus porttitor tristique blandit, mauris mi congue sapien, a hendrerit dui felis suscipit elit. Etiam quis mauris hendrerit orci tincidunt egestas. Nam lobortis, leo id bibendum scelerisque, pede massa mollis neque, eu placerat risus diam ut tellus. Pellentesque auctor. Morbi sit amet augue. Nam purus felis, lacinia nec, aliquet sit amet, placerat id, eros. Proin eget augue. Ut aliquet. Nullam ut eros id odio iaculis varius.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Vivamus convallis ante bibendum est. Pellentesque mi mi, ultrices vel, dapibus sed, cursus laoreet, pede. Aenean gravida. Proin ut elit. Ut non erat pharetra erat placerat commodo. Curabitur at ligula. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Proin vitae pede vitae metus consequat hendrerit. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed elementum sapien in turpis. Fusce malesuada dapibus quam. Quisque venenatis turpis luctus massa. Nam tristique porta mauris. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Ut mauris enim, fringilla nec, consectetuer sed, dapibus nec, augue. Aliquam ligula diam, feugiat sit amet, adipiscing sit amet, venenatis sit amet, erat. Sed sed mi vitae nisi porttitor facilisis. Sed erat.[/textarea]

Edit 23. september 2008:
I have made a small video tutorial (no sound) that illustrates how to install a bbcode.
You can view it here:
BBCode Video Tutorial
farukh_khan_2050
BBCoder II
BBCoder II

Re: How to create a BBCode

Post by farukh_khan_2050 »

Thanx for sharing bro...........
Ghoostrocks
BBCoder II
BBCoder II

Post by Ghoostrocks »

Can we submit a bbcode?
Stoker
Site Admin
Site Admin
BBCodes: 239
Favourite BBCode: Anipro
Favourite MOD: PrettyPhoto

Post by Stoker »

Sure you can: Submit a BBCode
Board rules! No PM support
cisco007
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI

Post by cisco007 »

looks like you did already anyways!
Deloxic
BBCoder I
BBCoder I

Post by Deloxic »

Thank you very much for the post it's very useful.
[center]Image[/center]
bbnoob
BBCoder I
BBCoder I

Post by bbnoob »

ummm.... Can you submit a bbcode that makes a text box you can scroll down and up, because i'm making a super Mario flash level codes forum, submit your level codes. Please, someone reply today!
cisco007
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI

Post by cisco007 »

i'll reply. why don't you search the forum, i am sure there is one, and next time post all support questions in the support forum!