Topic SEO

Modifications for phpBB3. Try the Mods here and share Your own Mods
There is no support here! Only Read Access!
Forum rules
You dont have to use ModX or make your mod AutoMod compatible. A simple textfile is fine
But if you post Mods here You also have to give support
Mario14125
I have been banned!
I have been banned!

Re: Topic SEO

Post by Mario14125 »

You can also do it like this:

Code: Select all

#
#----------[ OPEN ]----------
#

styles/prosilver/template/posting_editor.html

#
#----------[ FIND ]----------
#

<!-- IF not S_PRIVMSGS and S_NEW_MESSAGE --><!-- IF U_TOPIC_SEO_DESC -->   
   <dl style="clear: left;">
        <dt><label for="seo_desc">{L_TOPIC_SEO_DESCRIPTION}:</label></dt>
        <dd><textarea name="seo_desc" id="seo_desc" rows="3" cols="30"  class="inputbox">{SEO_DESC}</textarea></dd>
    </dl><!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF U_TOPIC_SEO_KEY -->
        <dt><label for="seo_key">{L_TOPIC_SEO_KEYWORDS}:</label><br />{L_TOPIC_SEO_KEY_EXPLAIN}</dt>
        <dd><input type="text" name="seo_key" id="seo_key" size="80" value="{SEO_KEY}" maxlength="255" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>
    </dl>
      <!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->

#
#----------[ REPLACE WITH ]----------
#

<!-- IF not S_PRIVMSGS and S_NEW_MESSAGE --><!-- IF U_TOPIC_SEO_DESC -->   
        <dt><label for="seo_desc">{L_TOPIC_SEO_DESCRIPTION}:</label></dt>
        <dd><input type="text" name="seo_desc" id="seo_desc" size="45" value="{SEO_DESC}" maxlength="255" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>
    </dl><!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF U_TOPIC_SEO_KEY -->
        <dt><label for="seo_key">{L_TOPIC_SEO_KEYWORDS}:</label></dt>
        <dd><input type="text" name="seo_key" id="seo_key" size="45" value="{SEO_KEY}" maxlength="255" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>
    </dl>
      <!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
In my opinion it looks better :)

[hsimg]http://i45.tinypic.com/250tfgm.png[/hsimg]
In me is the increased length of the field from 45 to 120 so you can see the difference :)

And one more thing, is there any chance that the description of the topic was shown in viewforum :?:

Just as in this modification: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=810455

Last edited by Mario14125 on 21 May 2010, 14:58, edited 3 times in total.
Click Here!
cisco007
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI

Post by cisco007 »

what you are asking has nothing to do with the Topic SEO mod, you are asking about another mod!
The Topic SEO mod, is something completely different.
Mario14125
I have been banned!
I have been banned!

Post by Mario14125 »

er not? modification occurs in the field "description of the topic", so it would be available also in viewforum description, as in this modification...

Unless something can be adapted to the modification
Click Here!
Georgio
BBCoder II
BBCoder II

Post by Georgio »

Steve© » 01 May 2010, 21:44 wrote:only if you have added the Add_meta in the overall_header.html for Forum SEO
if so use this in the overall_header.html

<meta name="keywords" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewforum" -->{FORUM_SEO_KEY}<!-- ELSE -->{TOPIC_SEO_KEY}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
<meta name="description" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewforum" -->{FORUM_SEO_DESC}<!-- ELSE -->{TOPIC_SEO_DESC}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
has you said me before, i do it, but i want to update the MOD so i have in my overall_header.html the above code and the 1.0.1 version sais:
Open: styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
Find

<meta name="keywords" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewtopic" -->{TOPIC_SEO_KEY}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
<meta name="description" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewtopic" -->{TOPIC_SEO_DESC}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
Replace with

<meta name="keywords" content="<!-- IF SEO_KEY -->{SEO_KEY}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
<meta name="description" content="<!-- IF SEO_DESC -->{SEO_DESC}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
in my overall header i have:

<meta name="keywords" content="<!-- IF SEO_KEY -->{SEO_KEY}<!-- ELSE -->{TOPIC_SEO_KEY}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
<meta name="description" content="<!-- IF SEO_DESC -->{SEO_DESC}<!-- ELSE -->{TOPIC_SEO_KEY}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
so ... i'm lost now... what i supose to do; i remeber you that i allready hace the forum seo mod installed with the meta tag addon.

i think the good code will be:

<meta name="keywords" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewforum" -->{FORUM_SEO_KEY}<!-- ELSE -->{SEO_KEY}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
<meta name="description" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewforum" -->{FORUM_SEO_DESC}<!-- ELSE -->{SEO_DESC}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
but i'm not 100% sure :evil: :roll:
Mario14125
I have been banned!
I have been banned!

Post by Mario14125 »

I do not mean to... I mean to post typed description of the topic of this modification to the viewforum...

Imagine that when a new topic, enter writing a description of the topic seo: This mod is still under development
Description does not appear anywhere except the page source: <meta name="description" content="This mod is still under development" />
And now I want to make this description appeared in viewforum, as in the image: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8053 ... piccd1.jpg

Is it possible :?: :evil:
Click Here!
cisco007
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI

Post by cisco007 »

if there is already a mod for that, why don't you just install that one?
Georgio
BBCoder II
BBCoder II

Post by Georgio »

can anyone help me with my problem please?
cisco007
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI

Post by cisco007 »

Georgio, have you read the entire first post? including the FAQ's?
Mario14125
I have been banned!
I have been banned!

Post by Mario14125 »

But do you understand me? What I mean is that I want by typing in a word description of thread topics description of the topic was presented in viewforum and instructions there is no such thing, so my question is if anyone that has adapted to the modification of this model which showed that the descriptions of the subjects were shown in viewforum...
Click Here!
cisco007
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI

Post by cisco007 »

I have been trying to answer you....no. that will be a different mod, if and when the author decides to do that it will be up to him, this was just meant to be more or less for SEO purposes!