BBCoder III
BBCoder III
BBCodes: 10
Favourite BBCode: textarea
Favourite MOD: Newsletter Add on

Suggestion for Paypal Donation Mod

Post by Martin_K »

I've just made a donation. :D

Only seems fair after all the good stuff on this site!

Presumably admin has to get an email from paypal before changing user group?

I'm looking to incorporate Paypal donation on our site. Membership fee model is not working, donations must be the way to go!

To encourage more donations, how about a message that pops up on all users screen, like the PM notification box, to say x has just donated, benefits of donation, etc. As an option, how about a similar popup, with a configureable period, to do the same, even if no-one has donated, eg after every 7, 28 visits to the Board.

Also how about keeping a list of donators in a box at the top of the Board Index, in a scolling box, just below Welcome On Index, about the same size.

I have lots of ideas, so excuse me if some are rubbish.
themission
BBCoder III
BBCoder III
BBCodes: 3

Post by themission »

That sounds good - ive just preordered a BF3 server x 3 months paid £82 and not set paypal up yet - have told em its coming, but wont get much interest - but somthing like youve suggested sounds good
martin123456
BBCoder VI
BBCoder VI
BBCodes: 34
Favourite MOD: Ban button

Post by martin123456 »

Martin_K wrote:I've just made a donation. :D

Only seems fair after all the good stuff on this site!

Presumably admin has to get an email from paypal before changing user group?

I'm looking to incorporate Paypal donation on our site. Membership fee model is not working, donations must be the way to go!

To encourage more donations, how about a message that pops up on all users screen, like the PM notification box, to say x has just donated, benefits of donation, etc. As an option, how about a similar popup, with a configureable period, to do the same, even if no-one has donated, eg after every 7, 28 visits to the Board.

Also how about keeping a list of donators in a box at the top of the Board Index, in a scolling box, just below Welcome On Index, about the same size.

I have lots of ideas, so excuse me if some are rubbish.
There is a mod on this site that does show who has donated and how much has been donated have a look

take a look at this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=665